Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Sunday + Pregnancy Milestones

Yesterday was Easter Sunday.We had a pretty good time, but I think Mom, Dad, Chris, Caroline and Nathaniel may have had the real party. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with everyone!
We were invited to dinner by the Bentley's in our ward and we got to meet the Garfield's. The whole night was really great, but was highlighted by Natascha's amazing cooking. I couldn't believe all the time and effort she put into everything. She made a ham, potatoes, carrots, peas, rolls with honey butter and deviled eggs. Plus, she decorated the table with the cutest homemade table settings. She said she's starting up a blog...but like me she's waiting until she has a few more posts before making it public, so hopefully sometime soon we can all admire her cooking skills and decorating via her blog. I only wish I had brought a camera last night. Everything looked spectacular!
I brought dessert, which I thought was divine, but that could just be because I'm finally starting to like chocolate again and it was a TON of chocolate! And again, sadly I completely forgot to bring my camera so there are no pictures of the most decadent dessert I've ever made. I made "Truffle Tarts" with raspberries, drizzled with "blackberry topping", then garnished with homemade whipped cream, fresh raspberries, blackberries and kiwi. Seriously you should have seen it. But here's the picture from Food Network that I got the general recipe from.
You'll just have to imagine the berry drizzle, whipped cream and other assortment of fruit.
On another note, I emailed a bunch of ladies with young children in my ward for some advice on things to get/not get for our baby. And I have been amazed by the feedback! First of all...I must be the biggest crazy person ever...I was really excited about getting a wipes warmer so my babies bum doesn't have to get cold when I change him at night! But almost every response had something to the effect of, "you don't need a baby wipes warmer." Well, now I've been told. :)
But, the main thing I have been surprised by is everyone's generosity. I had probably about 5 sisters in the ward immediately email me back saying we could use some of their things that their babies had outgrown, or that they were donating some clothes to DI and I could go through them before they took them to DI. Everyone has been so kind. I really wasn't looking for that kind of response when I sent the email out, but I've really appreciated it and it's made me really feel so loved by the members of our ward.
Also, I have made it to a new milestone in my pregnancy...I am now the proud owner of a pair of maternity jeans with a full panel tummy thing. I was really against them at first, but I tried it on and realized it's way more comfortable than my attempt to wear normal jeans and just leave them unbuttoned or finagle some rubber band trick with the button and hole. Also, I have finally had two people I didn't really know (and hadn't told I was pregnant) ask me if I was pregnant. So I must finally look pregnant! It's about time, too - I'll be halfway on Saturday. I haven't been sick in a little over a week and am hoping I've left those days in the past. I'm finally gaining weight and may be making up for my losing streak I was on. I officially weighed in at 120.2 pounds this morning, which is up from 112 at my appointment 3 weeks ago. And, seeing as I'm technically only supposed to be gaining 1 pound per week at this point, I think I'm well on my way to having a normal sized pregnancy belly soon.

1 comment:

  1. You have me drooling at 7 am with chocolate talk..haha! Glad you are able to finally keep things down! I remember how that felt..heavenly :) I'll email you MY list of must-haves and don't needs for baby.. (mainly so I can see if I have what I need for ours..heheehe)

    ReplyDelete