Tuesday marked our 3 year anniversary of getting engaged! Honestly, I only know because it's Pioneer Day and everyone was posting on Facebook about it. So, I decided we should celebrate!
Tyler had been raving about this Indian restaurant in South Pasadena called Radhika, so I thought it would be fun to go there for dinner after Tyler got off work. But, I looked up their menu online and noticed that a small bowl of rice was $4 per person. I thought that was a little ridiculous, so I decided we'd do take out and I'd save myself $8 by steaming my own rice. And, that would give me an excuse to break out our fancy glasses.
So, while Tyler was still at work I made a peach cobbler for dessert and bought some Martinelli's, because no celebration is complete without it. And, I had Tyler pick up the food on his way home from work and we had a romantic dinner together - complete with 3 candles to celebrate our 3 years of engagement.
The food was really tasty, but I'm not sure how much our baby enjoyed it. He was kicking me all throughout dinner. It may have been a little too spicy for his taste.
And unfortunately, after the excitement of planning a romantic dinner I was pooped out. So, after enjoying the peach cobbler and vanilla ice-cream, I went to bed. But, I didn't get much sleep because this little baby kept kicking me and had the hiccups all throughout the night. Poor little guy.
The next morning I had my doctor's appointment. It was boring as expected. The doctor had my blood drawn again to see if my iron levels are any lower than they were before. I'm pretty confident they will be--I've been so exhausted lately and I really don't do much of anything. I guess we'll know in a couple of days. He also measured my uterus with a measuring tape and determined my uterus is 4 cm smaller than it should be. (Which technically each centimeter equals one week, so that would mean the baby is 4 weeks smaller than he should be). But, since I had an ultrasound two weeks ago, he didn't seem too concerned and just said he'd check again in two weeks and see how things are going. I've been weighing myself every day and it fluctuates up and down every day, but for my past two appointments I've been right at 146, so I technically haven't gained any weight over the past month, but my doctor seems to be of the opinion that I've gained enough weight already so he doesn't mind.
I'm just hoping the baby is still growing. It makes me kind of nervous knowing my uterus is 4 weeks small, I haven't gained any weight over the past month, and at the last ultrasound he was measuring 2 weeks small (other than his head) - hopefully he's growing!
And, I keep having dreams that he is actually a she. Hopefully at my next appointment we'll have another ultrasound so I can specifically ask the doctor to do a double-check to calm my nerves.
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment