Monday, September 17, 2012

Tummy Time

So this is actually kind of old now, but seeing as I've been having so much fun with Aiden, I haven't had time to update my blog. But, I wanted to post this video since I was able to capture the moment in film. This was when Aiden was 8 days old.
Aiden's First Tummy Time
We later found out you're not supposed to do tummy-time on the floor until they're a bit older so they don't bang their heads on the floor. But, Aiden is quite the champ and seemed to do just fine. I'm scared he's going to start rolling over and crawling any day now. Today he decided to roll from his back to his side in one solid movement and I was so scared he was going to roll the rest of the way over! My baby's growing up so fast!
Tyler thinks I'm a crazy person--I mean come on, I was pregnant for the longest 39.5 weeks ever, and he's already 3 weeks old!--it's not even funny how fast the past few weeks have gone by.
And to make matters worse...he's getting heavy! How am I supposed to lug him around, never-mind his car seat too!
But he is super adorable. And I can't stop snapping photos of him. So here are some for your viewing pleasure:
Stamped the footprint on the fake birth certificate

Fluffy hair after first bath-time

First attempt in bouncy chair

He likes it better while dressed

Having a conversation with Grandma Madsen

Getting some kisses from Daddy

I love Daddy

I hate baths

3 comments:

  1. Comments from Madi- "Ew." (ink on Aidens foot, haha) and "That baby's sleepy!"

    I suggest a moby wrap/mei tai/sling if your arm is getting tired from hauling him in the carseat.. Madi was fuh-at and it helped a ton! (babywearing also has lots of benefits) Check out my Pintrest to make a moby or mei tai to save $ (moby is SO easy, basically you just buy 5yds of knit and cut it in half. done)

    Madi also hated being in the baby bath, we used it once. After that we'd just take a bath with her. Never got pooped or peed on, and she loved it. It was nice for post partum recovery and you didn't need to monitor the water temp like crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you never got pooped or peed on. I'm pretty sure Aiden poops AND pees every time he sees me. It's kind of ridiculous. He always waits until seconds after we take his diaper off, then it's action time. :) One of my friends let me borrow her baby carrier thingy. But, it's one of the ones with velcro and straps and it makes lots of noise getting him in and out. He really hates the sound of velcro, so I'll have to try making the moby wrap. Are they hard to wrap? That's my main concern with those, I'm always scared I'll do it wrong and the baby will fall out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They aren't bad, they should have instructions on the site...practice makes perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete