Remember before Aiden was born and I couldn't wait for those 9 months to go by? They went by soooo slowly! But fast forward to today and I have a 9 month old baby! Those nine months flew by! I can't stand how fast he's growing up. I don't know if I can even call him a baby anymore. He's getting to be such a little boy.
His nine month check up was pretty eventful. The doctor said Aiden's ready to start eating finger foods and things off our plates if it's really small and we watch him closely. That scares me a little bit. I tried giving him a little chunk of avocado and he acted like I was trying to poison him. He just doesn't seem that interested in real food. Since then I've just given him fruits in a mesh bag that he can mush up and suck all the juice out of. He seems to enjoy that better.
Unfortunately, the reason the doctor said we should be giving him real food is to get him more calories because he didn't gain much weight or height since his 6 month appointment. Now he's between the 3rd-4th percentile for weight and between 10-15 for height. I've been giving him bottles to try to get him more calories, but he just isn't too interested. I feel like he eats a lot, but apparently he needs to eat more.
The doctor also said he may be getting his top teeth and maybe some side teeth soon. That'll be scary. Aiden has started biting a lot. I think he gets excited while he's playing with us and just chomps down on whatever is nearby: toe, calf, finger, elbow, you name it.
Last Sunday Aiden accompanied me to Relief Society. There were a group of moms with babies all sitting near me and about halfway through the lesson we had to turn it into a play-date. They were just too interested in each other to not let them all play together.
Oh and it was really fun to watch because the 3 boys are all within a few days of each other in age, but the two other boys have at least 3-5 pounds on Aiden--but Aiden is much quicker at crawling and stealing toys.
Another reason I think Aiden seems to be so grown up now is that I took him to get a "real" haircut.
He did so good. Not a single tear or anything. But by the end of it, he was definitely ready to go. He doesn't like to stay still for long. I think the cut turned out well and looks way better than all the cuts I've given him.
Such a handsome little guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment