Thursday, August 2, 2012

30 Days Left!

I feel like it's been the longest 8 months of my life, but at the same time I can't believe I'm down to my final month! I thought this day would NEVER come! I have a baby room stocked full of tiny, cute baby clothes, a car seat, stroller, baby books and toys. I have a freezer full of frozen dinners. I have diapers galore, baby wash, and swaddle blankets at the ready. What am I going to do over the next 30 days?!?! I know what I really need to do -- clean. A lot of cleaning and organizing. But that may be my least favorite thing to do so I keep putting it off. This morning I walked around my apartment and realized how much I really need to clean, dust, vacuum, bleach the bathrooms, and organize my dang clothes again (I swear I have to re-do that every couple of weeks...). It would be really awful if I went into labor and came home to this apartment. (It's really not dirty or anything, it just doesn't seem like the perfect environment for a newborn baby to be coming home to. I think I would take one glance at the dusty shelves and would hear screechy horror/nightmare music in my head as the room spirals around me. So, in order to prevent myself from having a nervous breakdown the second I get back from the hospital, I need to get to work...after I finish this post.
Speaking of nightmares, I had one last night. It was pretty weird, like most dreams are. Tyler and I were driving across the country (I'm not sure why) and we needed to stop for the night. But, there didn't seem to be a good place to stop, so we pulled into a ghetto looking Burger King, ate dinner in the car, and then went to sleep in the bed which happened to magically fit in the back of our car. I woke up and looked out the sunroof and saw meteors flying down and smashing into trees near us. I woke Tyler up and we watched out the back window as the mountains around us turned into volcanoes and began erupting as the meteors smashed into the sides of the mountains. And then everything calmed down for a second and lots of people started driving away, trying to get away from whatever city we were in. We started up the car and tried to get out, but there was too much traffic and we couldn't get away fast enough. I looked up to see a meteor coming straight for us...and then I woke up.
It doesn't really seem that scary now, but at the time I was really scared. And then I couldn't fall back asleep because I was too scared, and my sciatic nerve started hurting no matter what position I tried to sleep in. Up until I woke up, that was the best night's sleep I'd gotten in a couple of weeks. I was really disappointed when I couldn't fall back asleep. Maybe I'll get to take a nap today after cleaning the apartment!

2 comments:

  1. That means your nesting. That's a good sign. Wish I was there to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you are such a trooper. Just look how prepared you are. I'm sorry I'm not there to help with all these details. You might want to check your hospital bag has everything in you might need including some yummy snacks. I love you.

    ReplyDelete