Monday, August 6, 2012

Baby Preparedness


Oh my goodness! My baby tracker says I have 26 days to go!! That seems so much sooner than 30 days! Crazy! I decided to track my preparedness so I know what I really need to finish up before baby arrives. (In no particular order.)
  • Pick out baby name...so hard!
  • Clean/organize bedroom
  • Pack hospital bag
  • Pick out "going home outfit" for baby and me!
  • Install carseat base
  • Purchase diaper bag
  • Create/buy baby first aid kit (including thermometer)
  • Buy extra bassinet sheets
  • Organize computer desk
  • Dust living room
  • Vacuum living room and bedrooms
  • Laundry
  • Organize shoe/storage closet
  • Finish making burp cloths
  • Read up on Becoming Baby Wise
  • Make more room in freezer
  • Make more freeze-ahead baked goods
    • Frozen Rolls
    • Banana Nut Bread
    • Cookie Dough
  • Make a few more freezer meals
    • Chicken and Wild Rice
    • Enchiladas
    • Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
    • Fajita Mix
    • Pancakes
    • Maybe another Pot Pie (seriously so delicious)

So far I think my freezer is becoming packed with freezer meals, but I'm just not sure how much I should really have before the baby arrives. And I'm not sure if anything else will really fit especially with my Costco bags of chicken and hamburger meat taking up the bottom of the freezer! And I may have to take out my ice cream maker...:(
Freezer Meal Inventory
  • Potato Soup (4 Meals)
  • Pasta Caprese (1 Meal)
  • Easy Lasagna (2 Meals)
  • Chicken Pot Pie (2 Meals)
  • Ravioli (2 Meals)
  • Garlic Bread (4 Meals)
  • Dinner Rolls (10 rolls)
  • Cookie Dough (40 mini cookies)
  • Banana Chocolate Chip Bread (2 loaves)
  • Egg & Sausage English Muffins (6 sandwiches)
I think I'd really like to have another 5 or so complete dinners if they'll all fit in my freezer. I'm not convinced Tyler will eat the potato soup more than once, so that one may be a lost cause, but maybe with a grilled cheese or something he won't mind slurping it down for lunch a couple days...hopefully. 

2 comments:

  1. good job on the freezer meals! I've made plenty, but I always eat them up due to this pregnancy..once 3pm hits I'm dead! Lately *when I cook* I've been making meals that come together in 15 min or less. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! All the food I actually cook for the same day is 15 minutes or less. We're going to be eating some real fancy meals once the baby's born and I break out the freezer meals! :)

    ReplyDelete