Uhhh...I hate boring doctor's appointments! I seriously spend each day counting down to my next doctor's appointment and think, "Only 1 week and 3 days left till my next appointment and then I'll get to see the baby on the ultrasound," or "now I get to find out if the baby's in the right position and getting ready to be born." And then I actually go to the doctor's appointment and he says, "Well, since you're not full term until Saturday (3 days...) we won't check your cervix until next week."
So what actually happened at my appointment? He asked, "How's the baby been moving?...Oh that's good." And then he proceeded to listen to the baby's heartbeat and tells me it's good. "See you next week!"
Really!?!? I'm so glad we have good insurance or I'd be really disappointed if I had to pay for each of these appointments out of pocket. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am REALLY happy he has a good heart beat and that nothing has been going on that seems to worry the doctor, but come on! I can't wait to see this little guy in person and having a doctor's appointment that doesn't tell me anything I didn't already know really makes me anxious and doesn't help my lack of patience.
Right now I have absolutely no idea if he's still head-down, if he has grown any since my last ultrasound 4 weeks ago, if I'm even close to being dilated. I do know I'm not getting another ultrasound unless something seems wrong. So I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait out the next 3.5 weeks and hope he arrives sometime during that time because I really don't think I can handle him coming later than that. I know I'm being melodramatic, but seriously I just want to have a baby already! I still have my fingers crossed that he'll be born sometime between Aug 20-24.
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know what you mean. If I don't get to see my baby or schedule some sort of blood work I feel like its a waste of time. However, one thing I do like this time around, is that I don't have to pee in a cup every visit! awesome! Madi seems to think thats the best part though..haha. I remember feeling "get this baby out!" but as soon as I went into labor..."oh crap! never mind!" wishing you the best!
ReplyDeleteWhy don't you have to pee in a cup? I always do and I hate it. lol. I'm really ready to have a baby on the outside and not the inside. :)
ReplyDelete