Friday, October 26, 2012

Fun Stuff

Aiden has really grown to love his baths. He loves splashing with his arms and legs, all the while trying to see how wet he can get mommy. However, there are a few things that happen almost every time Aiden gets a bath. First of all, almost without fail he WILL poop in the bath just as soon as I get him lathered up. Next, I get soaked. Then, I get him all squeaky clean and then he spits up all over himself, resulting in more rinsing with hopefully poop-less water. When I wrap him up in his towel and start drying him off, more poop somehow ends up on the towel. And finally once he has been successfully cleaned, dried, diapered, and clothed, he spits up all over himself again - and I usually haven't fed him for hours. I feel like this is his way of telling me, "Mom, I really just want to be a messy little boy. No need to wash me, I like the grime."
But he does look super cute when he's all clean and his hair is all fluffy.
Speaking of hair, my goodness it's getting ridiculous - ridiculously cute - but it's gotta go.
So, tomorrow he's getting his very first hair cut. That's right, 8 weeks old and already getting a hair cut. It's kind of sad. I know some little boys who don't get one until they're 2 years old!
My little boy is really growing up so fast! He even started batting at his toys, but every time I tried to get a picture I'd miss it, or he'd stop trying.
But it is really cute. Yesterday he was trying to reach for a little rattle that was just too far away. So what did he do? That's right, he opened his mouth up wide and reached with his tongue, it didn't help a whole lot but it was really cute. And no, I wasn't able to catch it with the camera. Too bad.
And for the sad news - I accidentally pinched his finger while trimming his nails. It was the saddest thing. Probably worse than the shots because I was the one causing him the pain. He turned purple and cried and cried. Fortunately I didn't actually cut him, but it was still too sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment