Friday, October 19, 2012

Weeks 6 and 7

I cannot believe my little Aiden is going to be 8 weeks old next Tuesday! The time is flying by so fast! He's getting so big and grown up already!
Last week Aiden had his 6 week checkup and shots. The checkup was ok. Except, he has a flat spot on the right side of his head where he likes to sleep, so we have to do neck stretches 3 times a day and have him lie on a pillow during the day to try to get him to lie on the other side or just on the back of his head. Also, his belly button was a little bit infected, so we have to swab it out with alcohol and put Neosporin on it 4 times a day. The shots were awful. I felt so bad making him go through that. His little face turned purple and he screamed for about 3 minutes without ever taking a breath. Then I started to cry and I felt like my heart couldn't take it seeing my little baby in pain. It was really sad. And then I was embarrassed because the nurse was telling ME it would be okay while I was trying to tell Aiden it would be okay.
The rest of the day I spent trying to make it up to him by cuddling and holding him all day. He was a really sleepy little guy after those shots and he had a little bit of a fever so I felt even worse for him. But I got some pictures of him before the appointment when he was happy and dressed up cute!

We went shopping with Natascha at the outlets and got him some new pajamas because his newborn pajamas were getting a little to tight. Unfortunately the 0-3 month size is HUGE on him so he still hasn't been able to wear them. But he did get a couple other things while we were out and I took pictures of him wearing them!

For the most part Aiden is the perfect little baby. He is very calm and seems quite content to sit in his swing and just look around while I'm doing things around the house. He usually doesn't cry unless he starts getting really sleepy or hungry. During the day he just makes little noises to tell me he's ready to be picked up or needs a change of scenery. He's pretty alert during the day and enjoys going for walks in his stroller and looking at everything. It's the cutest thing watching him open his eyes really big and just look around, taking everything in. He has really started enjoying his baths now that he gets to actually recline in the water. He's been splashing a lot and enjoys sucking the water off his arms and hands. Unfortunately he also enjoys pooping in the tub right after he gets in...every time. His hair is getting out of control. He really needs a hair cut but I just can't handle the thought of actually getting it cut. He's only 7 weeks old! I can't cut his hair yet! His eyes are getting darker, so I think I'm out of luck on the blue-eyed baby, but I keep hoping they'll stay blue-ish. Sometimes they look a bit like my mom's eyes and are a gray-ish blue, but lately they've been looking pretty brown. Mostly I just can't get over how sweet he is. I know this sounds bad, but I love waking him up. I get to see him lying there so peacefully and they get to watch as he stretches and slowly opens his eyes and looks around. It's the cutest thing.





I have to say it, I love my little boy!

2 comments:

  1. SO CUTE. (I'd wake that cutie up too) I hate the first shots.. I cried too! I'm wondering if I will this time.. I love his crazy hair! He looks so much like you..he's gonna be a heartbreaker :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little guy he is. I wish you lived next door.

    ReplyDelete