Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Baby Room

I decided to start clearing out the baby's room so he'll have a nice room once he's here. But, then I got sidetracked when I saw the changing table still in the box just waiting to be put together. So, I put it together. I suppose I should have waited for Tyler so he could be involved in the process, but realistically I love putting furniture together...Tyler, not so much. And, we still have the crib to work on! Here's the finished product:
 And, don't worry, the drawer is even in functioning order! (I did have to take apart 1/3 of the table to get it to work, but it now works!)
Thanks Mom and Dad for the awesome changing table! I really love it! It's really sturdy and the wood is a really nice color. I think it would match our dining room table pretty well...not that they'll ever be in the same room, I hope.
And, hopefully the crib will arrive today and I can convince Tyler that it needs to be put together immediately so we can see how they look together!
Now that the changing table has been put together, I guess I can go back to cleaning out the room. Boo...I don't really like cleaning and organizing. The good news is that Tyler's mom is coming to visit in about a month, (meaning I need to get some serious cleaning done in the next month).
In more exciting news, our baby has learned a new, not so pleasant, trick! He has only done it while I'm trying to fall asleep, but he's getting pretty good at it. He somehow gets leverage on one of my hip bones and pushes down on the hip and out near my belly button with his hand.
hehe...obviously I can't draw, but this is my rendition of what's happening...

I feel like I'm getting stretched, but if I poke at him a little bit he tends to get off my hip and just pokes me back. But, he seems to be doing pretty well. I keep gaining weight and my belly's getting pretty big. I finally took my mom's advice and started putting cocoa butter on my belly to hopefully prevent too many stretch marks. So far I don't have any but my belly's starting to feel like it's being stretched to the limit (especially after dessert!).

1 comment:

  1. don't forget about your booty! no joke, I lotioned up like crazy everywhere but there, and of course thats where I got them, I wasn't paying attention to how big my butt was getting. lol :) I can't wait for baby pictures!

    ReplyDelete