Saturday was officially my halfway point. Only 20 more weeks to go! And my belly is starting to get kind of in the way. I tried to squeeze in between a chair and a wall yesterday and my belly got stuck. That hasn't really happened to me before so it was an unique experience.
Yesterday was also the Young Women's Spaghetti Dinner. It was quite the affair and may have been decorated better than an average cultural hall wedding reception. The girls did a really good job serving everyone and it seemed to be a success. We just wish more people had shown up, we ended up with something like 16 pounds of spaghetti left over.
I brought individual trifles to sell at the dessert bar and they seemed to be a pretty big hit.
After making 9 cups of custard to fill all my cups, I think I can say I have officially mastered the art of making custard without burning or too many lumps. My secret...just add WAY more custard powder than the recipe says. That makes it really thicken up fast!
Fortunately there were some extras after the dinner was over so we get to have trifles for dessert tonight with our pot roast. We invited the missionaries and our neighbors over for dinner tonight so hopefully the roast turns out!
I think our social lives may have become slightly more exciting than usual because we also got invited over to the Bentley's for crepes and board games after dinner tonight!
Monday, April 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment