I've never really been a big sewer, especially with a sewing machine. I can freehand a few simple things if I need to, but sewing machines scare me and they go way too fast. But, I decided it would be fun to make some of the baby accessories I've been seeing on Pinterest lately. Especially because the tutorials seem so easy! Keep in mind that when I try to make something from Pinterest this is the first thought that comes to mind:
So, with that said, here is my attempt at making a travel wipes case cover, changing pad, and bag to hold everything.
Also keep in mind that my phone is not a great camera and the purple-ish color is actually navy blue...I wanted it to be somewhat boyish. I think I was most impressed with my changing pad, although the wipes case cover is probably the coolest part. I used the tutorial from a blog called "Creative Mommas" for the wipes case, and a tutorial from "Craft Buds" for the bag and changing pad. Their projects look slightly better than mine and have far straighter stitching, but in the words of Cookie Monster, I think I "nailed it!"
Next up in my list of crafts is to make a cover for my changing pad and some burp cloths. I found another great tutorial from a blog called "Made" that I really enjoyed reading. The author used to live in the LA area and wrote a post about shopping in the Fabric District for fun fabrics and now I really want to go!
Other fun news, I am currently on self-inflicted house arrest so I don't miss the arrival of our crib. Apparently the delivery company can only give me a 12 hour window of when they'll arrive and I don't want to miss it! According to the company I've already missed the delivery 2 times...I'm pretty certain I was here every day, all day when they said they tried to deliver it already; but, knowing I really can't go anywhere (for fear of missing them again) makes me really want to go somewhere, anywhere but here! I really do need to go grocery shopping. I'm pretty sure the only meal we could scrounge together right now is spaghetti...and we've probably had that 5 times in the past two weeks (mostly just because I apparently really like it now and it's easy to make). Poor Tyler. Speaking of spaghetti, I'm going to go heat some up for a midday snack...yum! And because of all the spaghetti I've been eating, I officially weigh 125! Woot! Our scale tells you your BMI and other things and for the first time ever it told me I was within the average weight range for my age/height. I wonder if I'll end up in the above average range during my pregnancy? That would be funny.
Friday, April 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment