Thursday, May 10, 2012

The week of the Carnivore!

So not much has really happened this week, but I have started eating meat. And I'm talking lots of meat! It all started Saturday at the graduation party in the park where we had pulled pork sandwiches...and I had three. Then we had 1/3 pound hamburgers on Sunday and that went so well we had them again on Monday, then on Tuesday we had my favorite - spaghetti, but this time WITH meatballs, and then yesterday we had big old steaks. So I think it's official, I'm officially a meat eater again! And with all the meat I've been eating (and the half dozen donuts), my weight has been steadily increasing. I'm now at 132. And, my belly is getting stretched pretty good (still no stretch marks...I'm going to keep my fingers crossed) sometimes I feel like there's no way it could get any bigger, and then I see other pregnant women and realize, yes it is going to get bigger-much bigger! I'm pretty excited for my next appointment which is next Thursday. I am going to get another ultrasound! I'm still kind of upset I didn't have one at my 20 week appointment. If it were up to me I'd just be hooked up to an ultrasound 24/7 so I could always see what's going on.
I feel like I'm becoming extremely jumpy. This past week little things kept scaring me pretty bad. Yesterday they had to turn off the water and when it came back on I had to let the water run a little while in all the faucets so all the nastiness would come out and it always makes that funny noise because the pressure has to level out. I know it does it and every single faucet scared me so bad. Every time I'd get scared and jump back a little bit, my baby would make a quick movement inside of me that almost startled me more than the noise in the faucet. It was kind of ridiculous. I felt like I was scaring him and he was scaring me right back. So hopefully no more sudden noises or surprises; I'm not sure my heart can handle it.
The baby's room is slowly coming along. I ordered a bedding set from Walmart that should arrive in a few days. I really wanted to get the bedding figured out so I can coordinate other things in the room. Let's hope baby boy is really a boy or I'm going to have to do some serious returning in the next couple of weeks!
We still have no names picked out yet. It's so hard! Please let me know if you have any great ideas! All the names I've mentioned Tyler thinks sound like old people names not baby names (the name is Charlie -- I thought the main complaint would be "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" but apparently it's an old person's name...who knew?). And Tyler just comes up with weird names like Panther (there's a boy in our ward named Fox, so I think Tyler wanted him to have a friend).
I went to the LA Zoo with my friend Erica and her twins and two-year old. It was really fun. But, after pushing the twins in their double B.O.B. stroller, I think I may have to get one (well just a single, but a B.O.B.). I kind of made fun of people who told me I had to have one. But pushing that thing up the hills and around the corners, over the river and through the woods, I have to say it was way nicer than I ever expected. It was so light and literally turned "on a dime" (I think I now actually understand that phrase). I couldn't believe I was pushing a baby around in a HUGE stroller, never-mind two babies and a toddler--when she got tired. And, Tyler has said he wants a jogging stroller, I think he really just wants me to go jogging with him, but if that's my in to get the stroller I want I'll take it! (Not really, I'm sure Tyler would let me have whatever stroller I want as long as we don't have to take out a loan to get it) :)
Tyler's mom is coming to town on Tuesday. I need to come up with some fun things for us to do. The weather has been amazing so we'll probably go to the beach at least once. Every Thursday there's a farmer's market in South Pasadena that we've actually never been to, so that might be worth a walk down the street to go investigate. I've also heard some good things about Chinatown, so we may make a trip there as well. I know I'm the one who lives here, but if anyone has any fun ideas of what they would want to do in the LA area, let me know. Chris, I'm not sure that Tyler's mom would be too interested in seeing the jet propulsion laboratory, but when you guys come out we can go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment